Wynn sat down with three Vim users and experts to talk about tips and tricks for using and pimping the popular text editor.
Items mentioned in the show:
- Vim seeks to provide the power of Unix’s Vi
- Drew Neil hosts VimCasts
- Tim Pope has created numerout Vim plugins
- Yehuda Katz from SproutCore, Rails, and jQuery fame.
- Dr. Nic says Vim is cutting edge 1960s tech.
- Janus Yehuda and Carl’s MacVim bundle
- Everyone that tried to convince Yehuda to try Vim were wrong.
- Vim is a modal interface
- Wynn laments that TextMate 2 is the new Duke Nukem
- NerdTree is a text-based treeview inside your vim
- Tim uses his vibrantink mod called vividchalk
- Yehuda wants to give Solarized Vim is cutting edge 1960s tech.
- Yehuda like visual block mode
- MacVim lets you use ⌘-S.
- Wynn asks how the world would be different if DHH had used Vim instead of TextMate for his famous Rails screencast.
- Tim likes
CTRL-Eto bind an editor to the command line.
- Yehuda says you should be using
ruby -einstead of
- Drew loves
- “Matz is (under)rated.”
- Tim says we owe so much to Linus for Linux and Git.
add: UMG is also down.
Despite campaigning in the state throughout the day, Gingrich had all but conceded Florida to Romney, setting his sights on the next battleground: Nevada.
Though some are already naming the Republican nominee, and February is expected to be a tough month for Gingrich, the candidate says he expects to go “all the way to the convention” and “win the nomination.”
Don’t laugh: With Missouri polling for Santorum and Ohio leaning Gingrich, Romney’s road back to Florida may be a long one.
Quentin Tarantino along with actors including Steve Buscemi read through the Reservoir Dogs script at the 1991 Directors Lab. Reservoir Dogs later screened at the 1992 Sundance Film Festival in the Dramatic Competition category.
Photo by Sandria Miller
Underworld: Awakening tops the US box office
George Lucas has been back in the news this week, lambasting those who have criticised his constant Star Wars tinkering and lamenting the difficulties he had getting WW2 drama Red Tails distributed by a major studio.
In the end, Lucas was forced to reach into his own pocket to get the film released, so he’ll be relieved to see the Red Tails sitting in second place at the box office, with a better-than-expected $19.1 million in the bank…